Even with the rapid growth of the permanent makeup industry, many don’t know just how lucrative this career path can be.
The cost of microblading ranges from about $600-$900 depending on the location and experience of the technician. With that being said, each procedure takes about 2 hours which equates to $300-$450 per hour.
Microblading popularity is still steadily on the rise, as you can see by the chart below showing the number of google searches for “microblading”.
The average price to get trained in microblading is about $3,000 for a hands-on course and $1,200 for an online course. Although this may seem like a lot to pay upfront, it pales in compared to what you will be making.
After being trained, we suggest doing a couple of procedures for free to build up your portfolio. This will give you some content to make any future potential clients feel comfortable about choosing you.
Below we made a breakdown of the cost vs revenue when doing 75 clients. If you are doing 2 clients a day, this can be done in about 37 days.
Revenue for 75 Microblading Clients = $26,000:
- $0 (First 5 clients Free to Build Portfolio)
- $500 (Next 5 clients charging $100 each)
- $750 (Next 5 clients charging $150 each)
- $1,000 (Next 5 clients charging $200 each)
- $1,250 (Next 5 clients charging $250 each)
- $1,500 (Next 5 clients charging $300 each)
- $1,750 (Next 5 clients charging $350 each)
- $2,000 (Next 5 clients charging $400 each)
- $2,250 (Next 5 clients charging $450 each)
- $15,000 (Next 30 clients charging $500 each)